National Student ExchangePage address: http://mnsu7700france.info.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/nationalstudentexchange/
The National Student Exchange (NSE) is a consortium of 200 institutions across the United States, Alaska, Hawaii as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and four provinces in Canada, which provides opportunities for undergraduate students to study for up to one academic year at another NSE member college or university. Minnesota State University, Mankato participates in NSE on what is called "Plan B" tuition payment, which allows students to pay their usual Mankato tuition and student fees rate, and this covers tuition at their chosen NSE college/university (i.e students do NOT pay tuition to both MSU and their chosen NSE college/university; they pay tuition only to MSU, but get to study at another university instead for a semester or year). In addition, Minnesota State Mankato processes financial aid for students participating in NSE programs just as it would if the student was taking classes in Mankato. It's a great deal!
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to exchange.
- Full-time student at the time of application and in the term prior to exchange.
- Good standing (academic, financial, and social/behavioral) as defined by Minnesota State Mankato.
- Be approved by the Minnesota State Mankato NSE coordinator for participation in the exchange program.
The 2018-2019 NSE Priority Consideration Deadline for applications has been extended to February 23. Please submit your application materials at your EARLIEST convenience. It is HIGHLY recommended that students considering NSE for ANY term during the 2018-19 academic year, submit an application prior to the February 23 deadline.
- Schedule a meeting with the campus NSE coordinator to discuss your program options and selection procedures. Meetings can also be scheduled by calling
507-389-1341 or stopping by the Center for Education Abroad and Away at Morris Hall 3 (lower level).
- Complete the online NSE application by the appropriate deadline.
- Pay the $150 NSE application fee via personal check, cashiers check from a bank or money order. The check should be made out to "Minnesota State University, Mankato" with "NSE application fee" written on memo line
Spanish Language Abroad
Study Spanish with Estudio Sampere Program!
For more than 30 years the MSU Spanish department has partnered with Estudio Sampere to bring MSU students the opportunity to study Spanish in Costa Rica, Ecuador or Spain and earn credits towards their Spanish major or minor! For more information please see the Spanish department website.