Hazardous MaterialsPage address: http://mnsu7700france.info.mnsu.edu/security/emergencies/hazardousmaterials.html
In the event of an environmental spill involving hazardous chemicals or other materials, follow these guidelines:
- Evacuate the affected area of the spill immediately. Use judgment depending on the nature and quantity of spilled material.
- Small containable spills:
- Call Campus Security (ext. 2111).
- Call 911 immediately for police and/or fire department if emergency response is necessary.
- Large spills:
- Call 911 immediately for emergency assistance.
- Call MSU Security (ext. 2111) for immediate assistance.
- Remove the victims from the spill area to fresh air if possible to do so without endangering yourself.
- Do not endanger your own life by entering areas with toxic gases.
- Inform others not to enter the affected area.
- Do not return to the area until notified by Mankato Fire Department or MSU Security that it is safe to do so.