Minnesota State Legislative RequestPage address: http://mnsu7700france.info.mnsu.edu/about/legislative.html
As a part of the Minnesota State system, Minnesota State University, Mankato receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation, with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 Minnesota State Legislative Request
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Minnesota State Mankato
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Minnesota State Mankato
- $10 million for student incentive grants
Impact of the Minnesota State legislative Request to Minnesota State Mankato
- Minnesota State Mankato will receive $13.1 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 822 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants.
- A fully funded request will allow us to continue working to meet the increasing demand for an educated workforce needed to fuel the growing regional and state economy while providing affordable access to higher education for Minnesotans.
- Not fully funded request will result in possible cost reduction measures that would encompass all financial, physical and human resources. Such reductions could lead to decreased access and affordability.
2017 Minnesota State Mankato Capital Request
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Minnesota State Mankato is included for:
- $1.9 million in asset preservation (HEAPR)
- $6.5 million for the Clinical Sciences Phase II project, which is Minnesota State system priority #11
Extraordinary Reasons to #FundMinnesotaState and Minnesota State Mankato
- Minnesota State Mankato is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, including Minnesota State Mankato.
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and Minnesota State Mankato serves 20,246 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves more students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 15% of Minnesota State Mankato students who are students of color and the 24% who are Pell eligible.
- Minnesota State Mankato partners with businesses and organizations, including Open Door Health Clinic, Minnesota Corn Growers Association, Jones Metal, Bolton & Menk and many others in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
- We awarded more than 3,400 degrees, diplomas, and certificates in 2016.
- Our annual economic impact to the Mankato economy is $452 million.
- Minnesota State Mankato also offers more than 30 programs available in the Twin Cities metro area, including graduate education in business, educational leadership and nursing. At least 40 programs are also available either completely online or paired with some classroom study as well.
- Minnesota State Mankato’s is acrredited by 24 U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agencies including the Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and AACSB International. The university is also recognized by the Council on Undergraduate Research as one of just 57 national leaders in undergraduate research in the United States.
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
Learn More About the Legislative Session and Its Impact on Minnesota State Mankato
- Follow Minnesota State Mankato on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Minnesota State on Twitter
- Follow any of these Minnesota State legislative session hashtags: #FundMinnesotaState, #54Campuses54Days, or #HEAPRisCHEAPER
- Visit the Minnesota State Legislative Session information page.